Softeners remove hardness-causing calcium and magnesium from water for a difference you can feel.
How a water softener works.
Hard water is softened by removing the calcium and magnesium it contains. When hard water passes through the softening system’s resin bed, it exchanges the hard ions in the water for soft ones, so only softened water passes through to your home.
Once the resin bed fills up with hardness ions, it must be cleaned. Salt is typically used in the regeneration (cleaning) process and restores the resin to a “clean” state so the ion exchange process can begin again.
Only a Kinetico water softener can offer all of the following benefits to you:
- Non-electric design eliminates problems with timers, solenoids and microprocessors. System is non susceptible to power outages.
- Demand system conserves water and salt by regenerating only when necessary.
- Fully automatic system eliminates the need for adjustments, separate guest cycles and vacation by passes.
- Twin-tank design enables system to provide an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water, 24 hours a day.
- Only conditioned water is utilized for regeneration, ensuring optimum efficiency and operating performance.
- Counter-current regeneration, where the softening tanks are flushed in the opposite direction, ensures a more complete cleaning of system. Backwash cycles are reduced and less salt is used.
- Control valve parts operate in conditioned water to ensure reliable service and prevent malfunctions.
- Kinetico Water Conditioners are independently tested and certified by NSF International and/or the Water Quality Association for performance and longevity.
Contact Us today for a free water test and in-home plumbing audit. We will get you reliable facts you can act on with confidence, and give you dependable options if your water needs treatment.