How do Water Softeners Work?
Watch this fun video that explains how water softeners work.
Hard water is softened by removing the calcium and magnesium it contains. When hard water passes through the softening system’s resin bed, it exchanges the hard ions in the water for soft ones, so only softened water passes through to your home.
When the resin bed fills up with hardness ions, it must be cleaned. Salt is typically used in the regeneration (cleaning) process and restores the resin to a “clean” state so the ion exchange process can begin again.
Only a Kinetico water softener can offer all of the following benefits to you:
- Non-electric design eliminates problems with timers, solenoids, and microprocessors. The system is non-susceptible to power outages.
- Demand system conserves water and salt by regenerating only when necessary.
- Fully automatic system eliminates the need for adjustments, separate guest cycles, and vacation bypasses.
- Twin-tank design enables the system to provide an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water, 24 hours a day.
- Conditioned water is utilized for regeneration, instead of raw water, ensuring optimum efficiency and operating performance.
- Counter-current regeneration, where the softening tanks are flushed in the opposite direction, ensures a complete cleaning of the system. Backwash cycles are reduced and less salt is used.
- Control valve parts operate in conditioned water to ensure reliable service and prevent malfunctions.
- Kinetico Water Conditioners are independently tested and certified by NSF International and/or the Water Quality Association for performance and longevity.
Contact Us today for a free water test and in-home plumbing audit. We will get you reliable facts you can act on with confidence. We’ll also give you dependable options if your water needs treatment.