What does installation mean? It means we install water treatment equipment such as water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis systems, ultraviolet lights, and inline filters into the plumbing of your home. This includes following state and local plumbing codes so you can be confident your new water treatment system is installed properly. Brands of equipment installed by Magic Water are Kinetico, Charger, Fleck, Autotrol, Pentair, ReoPure, and Viqua.
Just like a car needs regular oil changes and tire rotations water treatment equipment needs some TLC, too. Recommended service depends on the brand and type of water treatment equipment. Here are some general guidelines to help keep your treatment system running like new.
- Regular water softener service should include regular brine tank cleaning, prefilter cleaning or replacement, checking salt level and adding salt when needed, and checking the brine tank for signs of salt bridging.
- Reverse osmosis systems need regular filter changes, air level checks in the holding tank, and occasional system sanitation.
- Iron filters need regular cleaning to clear small ports, especially if you have iron bacteria or manganese. If your iron filter has a chemical feed, such as chlorine or hydrogen peroxide, check chemical level and replenish as needed.
- Ultraviolet light systems need the lamp replaced once a year and periodic cleaning of the quartz sleeve may be needed depending on incoming water quality.
Many of our customers are comfortable handling these services themselves but we’re here to help if this is outside your comfort zone or ability. Contact us today to schedule a service call.
Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and this is certainly true for water treatment equipment. Just like your car eventually needs new brakes, tires and other moving parts, water treatment equipment systems need parts replaced, too. Different brands and types of systems have different parts that need replacing over time and some are the same. Here is a general list of things that will need to be replaced in your system over time.
- Depending on the brand and type of softener you have you can expect to replace valves, pistons, flow controls, control discs, meter discs, gears, pawls, seals, circuit boards, and timer motors. All softener resin eventually breaks down and needs replacing.
- Reverse osmosis systems eventually need new membranes. Over time other internal parts, pumps, and holding tanks may need replacing depending on the system.
- Iron filters will need new filter media over time. They also may need valves, pistons, timer motors, circuit boards, and pumps.
Fortunately, you don’t have to become a water treatment expert to figure out what’s wrong with your system, that’s what our licensed staff is professionally trained to do. Contact us today and schedule a repair call.
Installation and Service Area
Magic Water’s service area covers most of Southwest Minnesota.
This area includes the counties of:
- Lac qui Parle
- Lincoln, Lyon
- Nicollet (west of Hwy 15 only)
- Yellow Medicine
Contact us today to schedule your installation or service work.
Salt and Bottled Water Delivery Areas
We have a regular delivery route to each of the following communities;
- New Ulm
- Redwood Falls
If you would like salt or bottled water delivered to your home or business please contact us by filling out the form below. We look forward to serving your delivery needs.